Due to the Covid-19 emergency our factory and offices will be operating at a reduced level until further notice. We will be taking online orders but you should expect them to take longer to deliver than normal.
We will fully re-open only when the government tells us it is safe to do so.
We’re sorry for the inconvenience and we will be back in full force to do business with you in the future.
Welcome to the Polyvine website
Polyvine has a strong reputation among trade professionals for innovative and high-performing products - products which are designed for maximum performance and ease of use. In fact you will find that our products are easy to apply and provide the type of features that trade professionals demand and are popular with discerning DIY users.
Polyvine products are available from good paint stores throughout the UK. You can use our handy stockist locator to find a Polyvine store near you.
If you can't find the product you need locally, you can order it direct from the factory. Click here to go to our online shop.
Ian Wells, Director
Polyvine Ltd was established in 1986. It’s independently owned and has been one of the leading innovators in specialist water based decorative paint systems for over 30 years.
POLYVINE manufacture all of their products in the UK at their own manufacturing facilities.
Varnishes, Decorative Paints, Exterior Wood Coatings, Adhesives, Specialist brushes and Industrial coatings at their factory located in Somerset, Cheddar.
These facilities ensure the use of the latest technology and the highest levels of quality control.
- 1986 The first exterior water based wood stain
- 1987 Sprayable water based lacquer
- 1988 Water based wax coatings
- 1989 Acrylic dead flat Varnish
- 1992 The first professional acrylic glaze for decorative paintwork
- 1993 Water based crackle systems
- 1994 Acrylic systems for aging and distressing paint and varnish
- 1999 The introduction of a new generation of water based polyurethane
- 2001 Furniture renovation using acrylics
- 2002 Stencils cutting with Lasers
- 2006 Hickson Décor exterior wood coatings
- 2007 Acrylic Enamels
- 2007 Fast setting adhesives
- 2010 Dead Flat water based Polyurethanes
- 2011 Dead Flat water based Wax Varnish
- 2011 Water based fire retardants
- 2012 Water based antibacterial coatings.
- 2013 Waterproof Polyvinyl Acetate Wood Glue
- 2014 Chalk Paint Maker launched
- 2015 Moved to larger offices and factory in Cheddar
- 2017 New technology for waterproof exterior protection
- 2017 The first water based exterior stain to rival solvent, alkyd products
- 2018 Revolutionary marketing changes. Labels and POS
POLYVINE sell their products worldwide and export to over 15 Countries including:
- 1991 Australia
- 1993 Belgium
- 1993 Canada
- 1993 Holland
- 1994 France
- 1995 United States
- 1995 South Africa
- 1997 Greece
- 1998 Saudi Arabia
- 1998 Cyprus
- 1998 Saudi Arabia
- 2001 Lebanon
- 2011 China
- 2011 Caribbean
- 2012 Thailand
- 2014 Russia
- 2016 HongKong
- 2017 Korea
- 2018 India
- Customer services
- Technical laboratory
- Next day delivery
- Web Site
- Comprehensive Literature
- Merchandising, Display Stands