• exterior joinery • windows • doors • gates • garden furniture • boats • shopfitting • interior joinery • kitchens • worktops • bathrooms • veneering • laminating
• clear glue line • non staining • gap filling • does not discolour hardwood • load bearing • makes 50% more when mixed • fast bond build up • mould resistant
at a glance product info
available in: 125g • 220g • 500g • 1.5kg • 3kg • 6kg • 25kg
drying time: 18 hours at 10°c, 7 hours at 15°c, 3 hours at 20°c • curing time: check remainder of mixed glue, cured when hard • coverage: 100-250 grams per square metre
application and advice
Mix by either weight or volume. Mixing by weight will give the most accurate and consistent glue mixes. Use two parts Cascamite powder to one part cold water. If mixing by volume, 3.5 measures of Cascamite powder are required to 1 measure of cold water.
For both methods mix as follows:
1. Put half the cold water into a non metallic mixing vessel.
2. Add all the Cascamite powder and stir until dissolved.
3. Add all the remaining water and stir until the mixture is smooth.
4. It is now ready for use and will remain usable for about 1 hour at 15°c
Use a stiff brush to apply adhesive to one surface only. Assemble and clamp (pin or screw) the joint whilst the glue is still wet. Keep the joint under pressure until set (around 6 hours at 15°c, longer at lower temperatures).
A damp cloth should be used to remove excess wet adhesive from the joint.
Synthetic glues may cause dermatitis in some people. As a precaution, any glue spilt on the hands should be removed immediately with soap and water before it sets.
Avoid the formation or spread of dust in the air. Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye/face protection.
Store in a cool, dry place with the lid tightly closed.
health, safety and the environment
Ensure good ventilation. Keep out of reach of children. Contact with eyes - wash immediately with warm water. Remove excess from tools and mixing vessels before washing in warm soapy water.
Do not empty into drains or watercourses.